This is going to be a rather different post all together….. Happy 2013 by the way, we made it!!!
For those of you who have no clue what Doctor Who is all about, then let me school you on some key facts:
- Longest running Sci-Fi/Drama on the BBC (1963-Current) and is even listed in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- The “Doctor” reincarnates! To transition from one actor to another is written into the plot of the show as regeneration, a life process of Time Lords through which the character of the Doctor takes on a new body and, to some extent, new personality, which occurs when sustaining injury which would be fatal to most other species. (Wikipedia) We are currently on the 11th Doctor played by Matt Smith.
- With every new Doctor comes a new assistant. This does not occur every single season, but typically one Doctor will rotate 2 or 3 assistants.
- 3 spin off shows have been created based on beloved characters from the show- K9 & Company, The Sarah Jane Adventures, K9 and Torchwood.
- The TARDIS (Acronym for Time And Relative Dimension In Space) is the Doctor’s time travel vehicle. It is in the shape of a blue telephone police box originated from the UK. It has also gone through changes throughout the year and is always referred to being “bigger on the inside.”
- For a more detailed introduction go to IO9
Where does fashion come into play… Well, for starters Matt Smith was named British GQ’s Most Stylish Man Of They Year in 2011.
Here he is at the Spike Scream Awards. I don’t really agree with that red neckerchief, but it works for a this British bloke I guess!
|Matt Smith, a.k.a “Dr. Who,” Picks Up Best Sci-Fi Actor|
The Eleventh Doctor’s assistant, Amy Pond-Williams played by Karen Gillan, has become one of the most cherished characters in Doctor Who history. I say this because 4 out of 5 Whovians have confessed that they are not interested in watching the new season because there will be no Amy Pond. Crazy, but true…. When you fall in love with a DWho character, you always go back to the first Doctor/Assistant!! Mine was technically Christopher Eccleston & Rose, but I grew very fond of David Tennant.
I am in love with Karen Gillan’s style for one. She is an extremely shy girl who shines when she is around familiar faces (i.e. her co-stars). Karen’s red carpet or event style is best described as young hipster glam. Her make-up & hair choices are normally simple and understated. She lets the clothes do their thing! For more fashionable images of this budding star, check out Red Carpet Fashion Awards collection.
Stay tuned for the Doctor Who Hit List – Red Carpet Edition….