Today I thought I would share this website with you all….
Figs & Gingers
In 2003 Elijah and Rhonda began their indie craft scene debut out of a shop called Share An Umbrella. Through that adventure emerged Figs & Ginger, a collection of Rhonda’s hand crafted silver creations. Not only are the couple completely involved with their work, they also are conscious of the environment!
From their Green Values tab on their website:
1. We use a minimum of 50% Recycled/Reclaimed Silver & Gold. Any stock silver we use (i.e. not cast items) is 100% recycled.
2. We have switched to Bio-degradable flux’s and Citric Acid pickle. This is much better for our bodies too!
3. All our literature is printed on 80-100% post consumer product, much of it with soy based inks. The paper we purchase is made in a hydro-electric powered plant.
4. We recycle of course.
5. For our upcoming wedding line and in custom work we refuse to work with diamonds on an human rights and environmental level. (unless they are handed down in the family.)
6. Our studio (which is in our yard) has a nice south facing window and skylight so that we don’t need lights in the day.
7. We plan to heat our studio primarily using a passive solar window box heater that we will build.
8. We try and make it easy for people to find shops that carry us near them so that they can shop locally instead of through our site. Check out our “Where to Buy” Section to see if we’re in a shop near you!
9. Our padded mailers are 90% recycled, 50% post consumer.
There is also a gallery of art work smithed by Rhonda I believe. Although Figs & Ginger cannot be found here in San Diego, there are plenty of places in Los Angeles that carry their merchandise. Go green this Spring 🙂